Last modified: 17 March 2011
Customer Service (Privacy)
Sociable Data Ltd
John Carpenter House
John Carpenter Street
Information that we collect and how we use it
We may collect the following types of information:
- Personal information that you provide – When you register on our site, you provide us with personal information. We combine this information with usage data on our site to identify the products and services that you are using, in order to better improve our services to you.
- Log information – When you access our sites via a browser, application or other client, our servers automatically record certain information. These server logs may include information such as your web request, your interaction with a service, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your account.
- User communications – When you send emails or other communications to Sociable Data, we may retain those communications in order to process your enquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services. We may use your email address to communicate with you about our services.
In addition to the above, we may use the information that we collect to:
- Provide, maintain, protect and improve our services and develop new services;
- Provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user; and
- Protect the rights or property of Sociable Data or our users.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including the United States) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Areas (EEA).
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Sociable Data only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside itself in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf.
- In addition, we may disclose information about you: (a) to the extent that we are required to do so by law;(b) in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; (c) in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and(d) to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
We take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Accessing and updating personal information
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
The data controller responsible for our website is Sociable Data Ltd.